There comes a time in every rightly constructed boy's life that he has a raging desire to go somewhere and dig for hidden treasure.
Mark Twain
A treasure to a little boy does not consist of money, gems or jewelry. He will find far greater pleasure in the wonder of a rock, pebble, stick or beetle.
-- Author Unknown
So as you can tell from my recent posts I have been into "quotes" and while looking at the quotes about little boys I stumbled upon these, and I could not help but relate them to my sweet Jesse...That is the part of a little boy that should never leave, and most of the time never does, just because he becomes a man!
The first one by Mark Twain could not be more correct about Jesse....from boyhood to manhood nothing has changed in that area....Jesse LOVES to explore and is good at it too! He could walk into what looks like the middle of nowhere, a desert, a forest, it doesn’t really matter, and find some sort of ancient Indian history...or some sort of fossil or a rare animal spiece, or a secret hidden path, an arrow head, or, one day maybe...Gold...hes just got that talent...
But like the Second quote...Jesse finds Sublime joy in the simple yet incredible treasures that nature offers up... the rock the tree or unique way that the stars alien, You name it and he will find the beauty in it that I would have never seen before! He has a great respect and a very beautiful relationship with nature. I love that Jesse has a mind with countless facts about anything and everything Nature. I have been so enriched by this talent of his I would have never seen the world so full of natural wonder...I wish I could better describe this relationship...but I think that’s exactly what it is... A very devoted relationship, It is so much of his life and what he deeply enjoys that he seems to have the never-ending curiosity for it. I love that he can never be satisfied by all there is to learn and explore in this world....Wasn’t that a large part of what it was made for?
It always bothers me when you hear how the world tries to separate GOD and SCIENCE....when in all reality God is the Master of science...He is Science... There is so much about our world we cannot comprehend.... Jesse taught a bit about this in his priesthood lesson...he used a "quote" ;) (sorry another quote!)I just loved and made so much sense...
Truly I have been blessed by Jesse and his obsession with exploring the world around us...I am sad to think that I never had quite the appreciation for it... I feel Lucky to have had a husband who knows and loves so much about this world our father created. It has been such a testimony of God and his plan. So I say, let those boys be boys...because there is so much more to that little boys frog in his pocket, the rock he has polished and shinned and given a name, the bugs he wants to keep in a jar to "study", the tree he wants to climb, or the mud he wants to paint with, and there is testimony being born in his heart when he sees and experiences the things of nature in all there celestial order...
So as you can tell from my recent posts I have been into "quotes" and while looking at the quotes about little boys I stumbled upon these, and I could not help but relate them to my sweet Jesse...That is the part of a little boy that should never leave, and most of the time never does, just because he becomes a man!
The first one by Mark Twain could not be more correct about Jesse....from boyhood to manhood nothing has changed in that area....Jesse LOVES to explore and is good at it too! He could walk into what looks like the middle of nowhere, a desert, a forest, it doesn’t really matter, and find some sort of ancient Indian history...or some sort of fossil or a rare animal spiece, or a secret hidden path, an arrow head, or, one day maybe...Gold...hes just got that talent...
But like the Second quote...Jesse finds Sublime joy in the simple yet incredible treasures that nature offers up... the rock the tree or unique way that the stars alien, You name it and he will find the beauty in it that I would have never seen before! He has a great respect and a very beautiful relationship with nature. I love that Jesse has a mind with countless facts about anything and everything Nature. I have been so enriched by this talent of his I would have never seen the world so full of natural wonder...I wish I could better describe this relationship...but I think that’s exactly what it is... A very devoted relationship, It is so much of his life and what he deeply enjoys that he seems to have the never-ending curiosity for it. I love that he can never be satisfied by all there is to learn and explore in this world....Wasn’t that a large part of what it was made for?
It always bothers me when you hear how the world tries to separate GOD and SCIENCE....when in all reality God is the Master of science...He is Science... There is so much about our world we cannot comprehend.... Jesse taught a bit about this in his priesthood lesson...he used a "quote" ;) (sorry another quote!)I just loved and made so much sense...
"Science and God are not at odds science is just to young to understand."
Truly I have been blessed by Jesse and his obsession with exploring the world around us...I am sad to think that I never had quite the appreciation for it... I feel Lucky to have had a husband who knows and loves so much about this world our father created. It has been such a testimony of God and his plan. So I say, let those boys be boys...because there is so much more to that little boys frog in his pocket, the rock he has polished and shinned and given a name, the bugs he wants to keep in a jar to "study", the tree he wants to climb, or the mud he wants to paint with, and there is testimony being born in his heart when he sees and experiences the things of nature in all there celestial order...

3 comments:
Wow sallie Annie that was beautifully written. It is true I am that little boy who is awstruck by Gods many creations and all his designs. I always thought it might have got on your nerves...all my random facts, and my constant search for animal life anywhere we may be, my science magazines, all my nature and history programs, my desires to go treasure hunting, and on and on down to the rocks, sticks and coins you find in my pockets before doing laundry. I sure love you Sallie Annie and out of all of Gods gifts you far surpass all of them. I love love love you.
me
Jess you sound just like Chris...you two are a match...too funny Chris does these same things. Jesse and I always said we wanted to marry someone similar to each other. Jess is great and will teach Axil all those secrets of Gods! I love your quotes. I am going to give the science one to Chris. Miss ya both
Hey! Jamie's e-mail is jamielynnscott@hotmail.com she would love to hear from you!
Post a Comment