



Though this post is obviously for Jesse I wish to shout from the roof tops that i believe we have the best daddy in all the world....and this is why...
For fathers day as you can probably guess I have made no purchases for you...But all week I have thought of you and your roll as "father" in our family. Jesse I remember long before i ever met you i would imagine myself married to not just a wonderful husband but father one day....I remember day dreaming of what he would be like as a father to our children this is something i did often and really well....and then I met you Jesse and married you and continued to have those day dreams...I remember that desire to want to have children became so much stronger when i found you...wondering what this man of my dreams would look like with his lips pressed to my growing belly...and the things he might say, what my Jesse might look like by my side in a delivery room, what he would look like holding one of his own for the first time, and not just one but two, and later a third... what he would look like and act like that special blessing day, would his cup seem to overflow as mine did in just my imagination....how would this, my best friend be as a FATHER....I could only imagine then....................no gifted mind in all the world could have created a more perfect, more magical, more deeply sincere image than that of What I have witnessed in you as a Husband, and what our children have felt from you as a FATHER! No day dream, could have ever began to touch on what it truly was like to watch you kiss, and talk to those growing baby's inside my belly as if you knew them from the beginning of time, nothing could touch on the feeling I felt as you stood beside me at my head through both deliveries, both very different experiences, but with this strength, and this faith, and what felt like the knowledge of a man who has done this a hundred times over...i will never forget that feeling. and then to see this man...this big strong valiant man... holding these tiny most delicate pieces of heaven he and god created.... There could be nothing more beautiful in all the world. There has never been more faith in your words Jesse than when you laid your hands upon each of your children's heads and gave them their name and a blessing...
Nothing.
Nothing comes close to what I remember dreaming you would one day be like as a father...You are so much more than I could have ever hoped for as a Father to our children...now lets be honest there is so much more to you than just what you have done as a father....but I'm pretty sure its what you will be praised for the rest of your life....and too what you will always find and take pride in....
And now i find myself in those same kind of day dreams...in each of the many passing stages of our children's lives...starting school, baptisms, drying a tear or two of some broken hearted girls, boys fishing trips ..............and i cant wait to be blown away time and time again with your deep love, tenderness, and devotion you so wonderfully bless your children with each day.....
We love you so much Daddy....
Sallie, Azzlyn Caelyn, Axil...future baby#4 future Baby#5 and possibly maybe you never know 6,7,8,9???? You do this so well , we better just keep our options open!
Saturday, June 20, 2009
Best friend husband and FATHER!
Posted by Burgon Fam at 10:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comments:
SAL you have got to be the sweetest thing ever... I am so lucky to have you as a wife. The way you put your words were so eloquent and i could tell heart felt that here I am up in a service trailer with some of the roughest guys and your letter brings me to tears. I am pretty sure that you might be exaggerating a bit but I will let ya!! I am only the father and husband I am because I have all of you. Truly every last one of you make me want to be a better man and i will always be indebted to you for that thank you for giving me the opportunity the chance and putting your faith and all your heart into me to prove I was something worth hanging on to. I am past the stage of impressing you and trying to pretend I am someone I am not. I am what I am because of you now... I have said it before and I will say it again I would be lost with out my Sallie.
Too my amazing kids... I love you so much and will always love and protect you I would go to the far ends of the earth for you. I have throughout my life continually looked back on my accomplishments and I always got a little down when i thought that i haven't really done a whole lot I am not a professional in anything and on and on but I now realize as i look in your eyes and those of your mother that I have gone above and beyond what I ever thought was possible and for that I am very proud.
I love you all I miss you like you wouldn't believe and to your sweet mama; Sal you are my ANGEL my REASON
Post a Comment