BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS �

Thursday, September 4, 2008

My spiritual experience with a blog





So i know that the title of this blog may sound strange to some, But i couldn't think of any other way to describe this experience i had over the past two hours. So after putting the girls to bed i thought i would get on to see who had read my post. Mckenna Your sweet comments was what then diverted me to your own page. I began to read your older post and do a little blog stalking myself....When i came across a blog titled " the spirit made me blog stalk" Curious I read on....which then took me to another blog and in this blog i found a women who had experienced the loss of a young child...Instantly My testimony of not only life after death but of my savior was strengthened through every heartfelt word this mother spoke. Its as though her words were "dripping" with testimony and love for our savior. I could not stop reading...the deeper and deeper i read I felt as though I was being guided by the spirit...i was supposed to read this womens blog.

Since I can remember i have feared just about anything in life...If there was risk in it...I wanted to be as far away from it as possible. In some cases this can be a good thing but shortly after i was married this became a VERY - VERY bad thing... I suddenly began to fear death...and not upon myself as much...but to those ones i loved the most, and being that i was newly married this fell greatly upon my sweet enduring husband Jesse. I say enduring because i believe its something that has been a constant issue in our marriage. Where ever Jesse went whatever Jesse did I began to imagine and play out these horrible scenarios in my head of car accidents, motorcycle accidents, work accidents you name it my mind I went through tragedy after tragedy until i was in tears believing that these things would come and worse, that if in fact they did come i would not be able to handle such things. Many times Jesse and i spoke of my lack of testimony in life after death....Never had i once thought that i didn't believe in life after death but suddenly i found that i was lacking not only a testimony there but a testimony in my savior. A testimony of strength beyond my own. A purpose and a Plan for each of us. A testimony and a TRUST in both my savior and my father in heaven.... My fears only became more magnified when i became a parent. I have struggled many times over playing out those same haunting scenarios with my children and other family members. I have not experienced death in my life enough or even at all to know how or if i could handle it. I fear i would not pass that test.

But a new light has been sent to me through this womens testimony. I wish i could quote every thing she said. I have felt such an overwhelming desire to know my savior better. To find that strength that lies with in him, that peace, that understanding, that TRUST. I want a Testimony that can withstand any trial. I share this experience because i know that i am not the only one who would find strength in this one persons example. If you want to check it out the blog is A Daily Scoop.
I promise you will be glad you did. But you may want to do it when kids are asleep or you have time to read and read. Honestly its that inspiring.
Good night all.
thanks for listening !

5 comments:

mckenna said...

You're so sweet!! I'm glad you read it. That's just how I felt reading her blog. She continually shares her testimony of life after death, of the Savior, or the atonement, of prayer, of the priesthood. She gives each of us, as her sisters in the gospel, a new strength. She helps inspire me to be better. I'm glad she's had the same effect on you and that my sharing what I felt when I read her words helped someone else to share it as well. Funny how our silly blogging habits can result in missionary work...even if it is only among each other. :)

Unknown said...

One thing i always envied was your way with words. especially when it came to your testimony. Thank you for sharing that with me. Love you.

The Wachel Family said...

Wow Sal, I had no idea. I will definitely read the blog. I sometimes have those same fears...especially with my children.

The Wachel Family said...

Ok, read part of it. I just can't do it anymore. I'm crying so much I've given myself a headache! This lady is amazing...I don't think I could be as strong, of course you just never know until you're in a situation like that. She is a very special lady.

Ashlie Dalton said...

Hi Sallie, I am "blog stalking"... found you off of Iva's blog. Anyway, you probably don't remember me but I think I went to high school with you (Sally Behm??).
I really liked this post of yours because I've always struggled with death and it got worse after I got married. I do the exact same things you were describing about playing out these awful scenarios in your head of accidents. I still struggle with it but have gotten a bit better. Anyway, just wanted to let you know that I enjoyed this post and it helps me to hear people talk the way you did.